School Council meets once a month, usually on the fourth Tuesday night.
Your School Council is made up of six parent representatives and four teacher representatives. The Parent Representatives on Council are in place to represent and raise items from the school community, as well as oversee the operations of the school.
School Council Parent Members for 2016:
Neil Aurisch (President), Garry Van Wynen (Vice President), Sharon Hipwell (Parents, Volunteers & Fundraising Representative), Kristen Harrison, Sharon Hipwell and Julie Liersch.
The main purposes of School Council are to:
- Establish the broad direction and vision of the school within the school's community
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan
- Develop, review and update school policies
- Develop, review and monitor the Student Engagement Policy and the School Dress Code
- Raise funds for school-related purposes
- Approve the annual budget and monitor expenditure
- Maintain the school's grounds and facilities
- Enter into contracts (e.g. cleaning, construction work)
- Report annually to the school community and to DET
- Generally stimulate interest in the school in the wider community